Homemade Eggplant Parmesan – Locals Only Recipe Video (Basil-Spinach-Mushroom-Onion-Garlic-Sauce)
Who doesn’t love Eggplant Parm?? This recipe is sooo good and it’s not fried + it’s vegetarian… so I may go as far as to call it healthy 🙂
Please subscribe for more videos!
1) Cut eggplant into slices
2) Lay on Oven rack and salt them on both sides (it brings out the excess water) for one hour
3) While Eggplant is laying out – make your sauce… I used Onion, Garlic Paste, Mushrooms, Spinach, Basil, Salt, Crushed Red Pepper, 1 Can of Whole Tomatoes… mix together until it simmers for 15 minutes and then you can remove from heat
4) Preheat oven to 425
5) Get three bowls, (Bowl 1) 1-2 cups of Flour; (Bowl 2) 2-Eggs; (Bowl 3) 1-2 Cups Bread Crumbs + Parmesan
6) Take a paper towel and wipe out the water on the eggplant (and salt)
7) Dip in FLOUR, then EGG WASH, then BREAD CRUMB and place on a oiled/greased baking sheet or pan
8) Bake for 9 minutes, flip, bake for 9 more minutes
9) Get a Baking Dish, throw in some sauce, then layer eggplant, then cheese (I used Mozzarella), then sauce… repeat your layers
10) Bake at 350* (make sure to turn down your oven) for 35 minutes checking to see because depending on the amount it could be done quicker
11) Take out of the oven, top with Green Onion, Bread Crumbs, Parmesan… let cool for 10 minutes… then serve!
Enjoy and don’t forget to subscribe !
Subscribe for more!
Music: Funky Cat Savage